Sophos Central release notes
These are the release notes for Sophos Anti-Virus for macOS (Sophos Central edition).
Version 9.9.8 New
|Resolved blank captive portal.
This release contains performance improvements.
|Improved memory usage when Threat Case creation is enabled.
|Resolved an issue with modified permissions on the man8 directory when using disk encryption.
|Resolved an intermittent failure where web pages may fail to load.
|Improved support for macOS 10.15 Catalina when using MDM profiles.
- This release contains improved support for macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- This release contains stability improvements.
|Users can now copy paths from the Events panel.
Version 9.9.4 Updated
- This release contains support for macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- This release contains security and performance improvements.
The threat detection engine version is 3.77.1. For information about the threat detection engine, see the Sophos Threat Detection Engine release notes.
|Resolved an intermittent issue on macOS 10.14 Mojave where the Captive Network Assistant page could fail to load.
- Stability and performance improvements.
|Fixed an issue where verification of APFS disk images (DMGs) can fail on macOS 10.14 Mojave.
|Fixed an issue with WiFi Discovery where MacBooks may not display correctly.
- Scanning performance improvements.
- Synchronized Security can now identify Sophos and System applications to SFOS.
- Improvements to CryptoGuard detection accuracy.
The threat detection engine version is 3.76.0. For information about the threat detection engine, see the Sophos Threat Detection Engine release notes.
|Fixed an issue where some CryptoGuard detections may not appear as an exclusion option in Sophos Central.
|Fixed an issue where CryptoGuard may erroneously detect on Boxcryptor.
|Device Control can now block drives of 1TB+.
|Fixed an issue where an endpoint may fail to heartbeat across a VPN connection.
|Fixed an issue where Health state was sometimes inconsistently reported.
|Installer is now able to report insecure system umask values.
|Resolved an issue on macOS 10.14 Mojave that prevented some customers from connecting to Wi-Fi networks that require a captive portal.
The threat detection engine version is 3.75.0. For information about the threat detection engine, see the Sophos Threat Detection Engine release notes.
|Resolved a rare kernel panic that can be caused when reading extended file attributes on APFS.
|Issues with copying infected files to a quarantine folder.
|If the immediate scanner moves or copies an infected file to a quarantine folder, the action is intercepted by the on-access scanner. This is because Spotlight indexes the quarantine folder when a file is quarantined there.
To work around this, in the Spotlight preferences, put the quarantine folder into the list of excluded folders.
- Authentication caching in macOS may prevent you from unlocking the preferences panel immediately after an upgrade. To unlock the preferences panel, log out, then log in to your Mac again.
You can find technical support for Sophos products in any of these ways:
- Visit the Sophos Community at community.sophos.com/ and search for other users who are experiencing the same problem.
- Visit the Sophos support knowledge base at www.sophos.com/en-us/support.aspx.
- Download the product documentation at www.sophos.com/en-us/support/documentation.aspx.
- Open a ticket with our support team at https://secure2.sophos.com/support/contact-support/support-query.aspx.
Copyright © 2020 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise unless you are either a valid licensee where the documentation can be reproduced in accordance with the license terms or you otherwise have the prior permission in writing of the copyright owner.
Sophos and Sophos Anti-Virus are registered trademarks of Sophos Limited and Sophos Group. All other product and company names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.