About these release notes
These are the release notes for Sophos Anti-Virus for macOS.
The threat detection engine has been updated to 3.76.0. For information about the changes to the threat detection engine, see the Sophos Threat Detection Engine release notes.
Sophos Enterprise Console Admin is now notified of insecure permissions noted in knowledgebase article 131959.
This release contains compatibility improvements.
The threat detection engine has been updated to 3.74.0. For information about the changes to the threat detection engine, see the Sophos Threat Detection Engine release notes.
Known issues and limitations
- Web Control with Sophos Enterprise Console is not supported.
- Authentication caching may prevent you from unlocking the preferences panel immediately after an upgrade. To unlock the preferences panel, log out, then log in to your Mac again.
- After you install Sophos Anti-Virus, the Scan with Sophos Anti-Virus command is not immediately contained in a Finder shortcut menu. It appears when you log in to your Mac again.
- After you uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus, the Scan with Sophos Anti-Virus command is still present in a Finder shortcut menu. It disappears when you log in to your Mac again.
- In Sophos Enterprise Console and Sophos Control Center, you can set up email alerting for Virus alerts, Scanning errors or Other errors. Mac OS X computers do not support the Scanning errors option and therefore do not send these alerts.
You can find technical support for Sophos products in any of these ways:
- Visit the Sophos Community at community.sophos.com/ and search for other users who are experiencing the same problem.
- Visit the Sophos support knowledge base at www.sophos.com/en-us/support.aspx.
- Download the product documentation at www.sophos.com/en-us/support/documentation.aspx.
- Open a ticket with our support team at https://secure2.sophos.com/support/contact-support/support-query.aspx.
Copyright © 2019 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise unless you are either a valid licensee where the documentation can be reproduced in accordance with the license terms or you otherwise have the prior permission in writing of the copyright owner.
Sophos and Sophos Anti-Virus are registered trademarks of Sophos Limited and Sophos Group. All other product and company names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.