About these release notes
These are the release notes for Sophos Managed Threat Response for Windows 7 and later, managed by Sophos Central.
The features mentioned in these release notes are only available if you have the appropriate license.
For information about the changes to the Sophos Core Agent, see the Sophos Core Agent release notes.
For information about the changes to Sophos Endpoint Advanced, see the Sophos Endpoint Advanced release notes.
For information about the changes to Sophos Intercept X, see the Sophos Intercept X release notes.
For improvements and new features in the Sophos Central console, see What's new in Sophos Central.
Sophos MTR Endpoint Agent updated to 184.108.40.206.
Sophos Managed Threat Response (MTR) provides 24/7 threat hunting, detection, and response. It is delivered by an expert team as a fully-managed service. Beyond simply notifying you of attacks or suspicious behavior, the Sophos MTR team initiates actions on your behalf to neutralize even the most sophisticated and complex threats. Two levels of service are available:
- MTR Standard: lead-driven threat hunting, adversarial detections, activity reports, security health check.
- MTR Advanced: MTR standard features plus lead-less threat hunting, enhanced telemetry, proactive posture management, dedicated incident response lead, direct call-in support, asset discovery.
This version of Sophos Managed Threat Response is supported on Windows 7 and later.
- Sophos Intercept X must be installed on the endpoint.
- EDR must be enabled in the Sophos
Central Endpoint Threat Protection policy. Under
Remediation, ensure that the following settings are
- Enable Threat Case creation
- Allow computers to send data on suspicious files, network events, and admin tool activity to Sophos Central
For a full list of system requirements, see https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/121027.aspx.
Known issues and limitations
You can find technical support for Sophos products in any of these ways:
- Visit the Sophos Community at community.sophos.com/ and search for other users who are experiencing the same problem.
- Visit the Sophos support knowledge base at www.sophos.com/en-us/support.aspx.
- Download the product documentation at www.sophos.com/en-us/support/documentation.aspx.
- Open a ticket with our support team at https://secure2.sophos.com/support/contact-support/support-query.aspx.
Copyright © 2019 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise unless you are either a valid licensee where the documentation can be reproduced in accordance with the license terms or you otherwise have the prior permission in writing of the copyright owner.
Sophos and Sophos Anti-Virus are registered trademarks of Sophos Limited and Sophos Group. All other product and company names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.